Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. “Products” means the goods offered for sale by TacticalOptician.co.uk or Airsoftoptician.co.uk that you wish to purchase
2. “Order” means an offer to purchase from TacticalOptician.co.uk or Airsoftoptician.co.uk, verbally or in writing according to the Terms and Conditions of Sale
3. “Contract” means the contract of sale incorporating the Terms and Conditions between you and Airsoftoptician.com.
4. “Site” or “Website” means Tacticaloptician.co.uk or Airsoftoptician.co.uk
5. “We” means TacticalOptician.co.uk & Airsoftoptician.co.uk. “You” refers to you, the customer/purchaser.
On placing your order you undertake that:
1. You are aged 16 or over and are not registered blind or registered partially sighted, in concordance with the Law on the Sale & Supply of Prescription Spectacles, specifically with reference to the Opticians Act 1988
2. The written prescription for your spectacles is less than 2 years old, and in your name. Prescriptions that are 2 years old or greater are not held as valid for the purposes of supply.
3. You will supply full, accurate and complete details of your prescription, (a copy of your prescription if necessary), and contact details as given to you by your optometrist.
4. If you have worn spectacles before and have experienced problems with the spectacles, you must provide us with details of such problems. We may ask to contact your optometrist about this.
5. You are the authorised holder of any credit/debit card you may use on the website.
Conditions of supply
Tacticaloptician.co.uk or Airsoftoptician.co.uk accepts:
1. There is no liability to fulfil any order received, until it has been accepted. Acceptance of your order, sent to you by email shall form the Contract.
2. We will make every effort to ensure all Orders are fulfilled but we will not guarantee the availability of any product. If any product that you order is unavailable, we will contact you to offer a suitable alternative or refund. If we cannot contact you within 14 working days we will cancel your order and provide a refund.
3. We reserve the right not to accept an order.
4. We may need to contact the medical practitioner or optometrist who provided your prescription to discuss your prescription. We will notify you by email if we need to do this
5. We may require that you send the original written prescription or a copy of the prescription statement. You may scan and email this.
6. We may require or advise that you obtain another optical prescription before fulfilling your order.
7. We may refuse to fulfil orders where required spectacle lenses have a spherical value of more than +/-9.00 dioptres, a cylindrical value of more than +/-4.00 dioptres. In order to fulfil some orders, we may suggest an alternative form, type or material lens. Any increased cost will be clearly outlined before we commence manufacture.
8. We will supply to valid UK prescriptions only. Overseas orders (unless BFPO) will not be undertaken, unless you have a valid UK optical prescription.
9. We will not warrant that purchase of the products will entirely satisfy your requirements. All recommendations are given in good faith and based on information supplied by you. We cannot be held responsible if the Products supplied fail to meet your requirements particularly if you have not made us aware of all circumstances of its use.
1. We will endeavour to deliver the products within the normaldelivery time quoted, but any times given are estimates, and time shall not be the essence of any contract. Failure to comply with such specific time shall not constitute a breach of the contract.
2. Unless specified and agreed in writing we shall be entitled to make partial deliveries of an order, by increments.Full Terms and Conditions will apply to each delivery.
3. You must inform us of any damage or short delivery of any item specified in the Order by e-mail or in writing within 14 working days of delivery. If you do not do this, the delivery will be deemed accepted by you.
4. We will ship to the postal address linked to your paypal address only.
Prices & Payment
1. The cost payable by you for the Products shall be the price stated on the website at the time you place the order..
2. All prices are in UK pounds sterling, and are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate
3. All costs for postage, packaging and delivery charges for all purchases are provided during the ordering process
4. Payment will be by Paypal, and payment is due at the time you submit your order
5. All payment is due before the delivery date and time for payment shall be a fundamental term of this agreement, breach of which shall entitle us to terminate the contract immediately there will be no delivery until cleared funds are received (with the exception of accounts where we have agreed credit facilities with you).
1. You must inspect your order carefully upon receipt. If any of the Products do not match the description or appear to be damaged or missing, do not use the Products or any items accompanying the Products and please contact us by email and inform us of the problem immediately.
2. If there is a defect in your order apparent by your inspection, you must inform us immediately. If you experience any difficulty in using the Products you are to contact us by email immediately.
3. If you, the wearer, experience visual symptoms of: discomfort, double vision, eye strain, you should not wear the product in a hazardous environment where such visual symptoms may pose a risk or hazard. Occasionally spectacle wearers feel that new lenses‘feel’ different, even if the prescription has not altered. It is advised that adaptation of 60-90 minutes is allowed to be established before embarking on any activity that could be dangerous to the wearer, including, but not confined to, driving, operating machinery. In the event that adaptation does not take place within 4 to 5 days return the item to us with a full description of all symptoms.
4. We may require that unusual symptoms or inability to adapt to the item be reported back to the Medical Practitioner or Optometrist who examined you & provided your optical prescription.
5. We may require copies of prescriptions in the event of a visual difficulty with any safety spectacles supplied so that we may investigate further..
6. If the Products are defective on delivery, we shall at our discretion repair or replace the Products or give a refund. You agree to return the defective Products to us in the same condition as received by you. All items and packaging must also be returned.
7. You are liable for posting, packing and safe delivery to us, in the event of returning goods.. With regard to the above terms, we may at our discretion refund to you, reasonable costs of postage, packing and delivery such as first class recorded delivery by Royal mail. You must retain Proof of Postage, which must be provided in the event of missing items posted.
8. the safe return of the Products shall be the responsibility of the customer. Proof of postage must be provided in the instance of missing returns.
Returns & Refunds
1. If an item supplied is not proven defective in either the prescription provided or in the components supplied and it is held unsuitable in the manner of fitting, appearance or comfort, then we will offer an alternative replacement in the first instance. Any difference in the cost of such an alternative product over the original price paid will be due from you..
2. If a refund is insisted upon for circumstances other that a defective product then costs of bespoke items such as prescription spectacle lenses supplied to specifications provided and any item returned that cannot be restocked due to wear/use will be deducted from any refund due.
3. Customers should be aware that bespoke items such as prescription lenses are not regulated by the Sale of Goods Act or Distance selling regulations.
4. Force Majeure
We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions above in the event that the manufacture, supply or delivery of any item is prevented or delayed by any act or circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to natural disasters, Acts of God, riots, civil commotion, strikes, shortage of supplies, lock-outs, industrial action, war, flood, drought, failure of power supply, disease or fire.
5. Governing Law
The interpretation and application of the Contract shall be in accordance with English Law.